Packed Lunch Series
“Packed Lunch” will occur every second Wednesday of the month from 12:00PM – 1:00PM and host content experts to lead conversation on topics relevant to county officials.
Different than WACO’s normally scheduled educational training, this event will be a two-way conversation for speakers to not only present expert subject matter, but also listen to the current challenges county officials are facing related to each topic.
Find information on upcoming series and register below.
February Packed Lunch: Employee Rights and Employer Responsibilities
February 14th, 12PM - 1PM
Presenter: Zachary Florent, Outreach & Education Coordinator - U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Employers have a legal obligation to provide a workplace free from unlawful harassment and discrimination. The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is the federal agency charged with enforcing the nation’s laws that prohibit discrimination in the workplace. During this one-hour interactive session, an EEOC representative will help you understand the role you plan in protecting the rights of employees. In addition to covering the laws, we’ll discuss what employers should do when they become aware of possible issues in the workplace, what to do when someone requests an accommodation, and address other issues and topics you may have questions about.
This training will be facilitated by Zachary Florent, Outreach and Education Coordinator for EEOC’s Seattle Field Office. Mr. Florent has ten years of experience investigating complaints of employment discrimination with EEOC’s Chicago District Office. Prior to EEOC, Mr. Florent served as a Peace Corps volunteer in the Philippines and as the Artistic Director of a small documentary theater company.
Past Event Topics
- 2024 Legislative Update
- Cultivating Community in the Workplace through Wellness
- Making the most of the Interim
- Public Records Act Updates/Refresher
- Managing Stress, Time, and Energy for Leaders
- Goal Setting Strategies
- 7 Rules for Managing Stress
- The Current Recruitment Landscape
- Performance Appraisals
- State Pension Systems
- Ethics for Public Officials
- Washington State Auditor's Office on Common Audit Issues, and new Challenges Posed by the Blake Decision
- Covid-19 Workplace Guidelines
- Cyber Security Awareness (Presentation materials)
- The Importance of Personal Liability Insurance
- Engaging the Hybrid Workforce Across Generations
- 2022 Legislative Session