WACO is excited to present a fun and engaging conference agenda for both in-person and virtual attendees! Review important conference information by reading this week's CHJ Blog.
In-person Attendees: First, the majority of conference information will be shared through our conference app Whova. This information can be viewed via your web browser or via an app on your phone. You can access both by logging in here with the email addressed used to register as a conference attendee. We encourage you to review these user tutorials and guides to enhance your experience with the app.
Second, WACO will adhere to all State and County mandates regarding COVID-19. All WACO attendees will be provided a mask within their welcome bag. Masks are required in all indoor spaces when not eating and drinking.
Third, we have such an exciting schedule of events to share with you! The current agenda can be found here but please review these event highlights below:
- The President’s Reception will be held Tuesday night from 5:00PM – 7:00PM. All attendees are encouraged to dress in their western attire to celebrate our past-president and outgoing president in the “Wild West”. Enjoy music from Lukas Rose Band, and light refreshments as well as a non-host bar. Grab dinner at the hotel or a nearby restaurant and then join us again at the Hospitality Suite from 8:00PM – 11:00PM.
- The Scholarship Banquet and Fundraiser - this year WACO is excited to announce our entertainment for the night will be a Dueling Piano performance from Keys on Main! Bring your cash to this event, as “tips” collected by the performers will be donated to our WA Counties Scholarship Fund, and make sure to come with song requests in-mind! A silent auction with items donated by affiliate groups will also be available for bid.
- Thurston County Prosecutor, Jon Tunheim will present “Hope Inspired Leadership” on Thursday morning - After three decades of research, the evidence overwhelmingly confirms that hope is a significant factor in well-being. Hope is directly attributed to better health, higher productivity, along with increased resilience to stress, anxiety and depression. The positive psychology construct of Hope Theory offers insight into the ways hope contributes to personal and organizational effectiveness. Teams with high collective hope have lower turnover and increased job satisfaction. In this presentation, Jon Tunheim will use the language and framework of Hope Theory to present a new servant leadership paradigm centered on building a hopeful culture for strategic planning, creative problem-solving and organizational success.
- Check out our Exhibitors! Located in the Pavilion - they make this conference possible! Exhibitors are also listed within the Whova App.
- Lastly, when arriving to the Hotel Murano please check-in to your room and then make sure to check in to the conference at the WACO Registration booth, located in the Pavilion among the Exhibitors. Here you will receive your “goodie bag”, name badge, and important information regarding the conference. This booth will also serve as a “information booth” and will be open the following times:
- Tuesday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
- Wednesday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
- Thursday, 8:00AM – 12:00PM
Parking for the conference is located beside the hotel in the garage. Parking is self parking only, and is 50% the average rate. WACO has scheduled routine security patrols each night of the conference in the garage – however do not leave any valuables in your car.
Virtual Attendees: We invite you to join your affiliate group meetings, WACO Business meetings and Educational Sessions all virtually. The majority of conference events will be offered virtually, aside from in-person conference meals, and the hospitality suite. If you are unable to join us for a particular training a recording will be uploaded onto the app after the session.
Please note if you signed up for affiliate time only, you will only be able to access those agenda items from the Whova app.
It is extremely important you familiarize yourself with the Whova Conference Application, as all virtual meeting links will be posted with the app.
To sign in the app, please go here and login with your email address you used to register.
Here is a great guide to learn how to use Whova: https://whova.com/pages/whova-app-user-guide/?source=ems
Virtual Zoom Meeting links will be posted on the Agenda under each session. The links will be available by Friday evening.
We highly encourage you to use Whova to not only access meetings, but also interact with Sponsors, Exhibitors, and other WACO Member Attendees.
If you experience any issue during the conference the fastest way to receive support is by reaching out to a WACO staff member via the Whova app, or by email. Whova support is also always available.