|SALARY: ||$4,607.38 - $6,000.00 Monthly|
$55,288.56 - $72,000.00 Annually
|OPENING DATE: ||03/14/17|
|CLOSING DATE: ||Continuous|
|JOB SUMMARY: |
|This is an exempt, at-will, position which is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of financial tracking and reporting, including monitoring the association’s finances and timely notification of any irregularities or other situations that may threaten the financial well-being of the association. The position assists with budget preparation and long-range planning, and performs various administrative functions as directed.|
The ideal candidate will have outstanding capabilities in both administration and accounting, as well as strong communication and organizational skills. The position requires financial data analysis and the ability both to prepare special reports and to explain them to others less versed in financial affairs. The ability to maintain effective, collaborative, professional working relationships with WACO staff and county officials is essential, as is the ability to multitask, simultaneously working on several projects, appropriately prioritizing them for completion, and devoting the necessary time and attention to each.
|EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: |
|A college or technical degree with an emphasis in accounting, or any equivalent experience which demonstrates the skills and ability to perform the job, is required. Technical skills must include the use of Microsoft Office applications (Access, Excel, Outlook and Word), as well as strong writing skills, including the ability to proofread and edit documents.|
Proficiency in Abilia MIP Fund software is preferred.
|POSITION DUTIES: |
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the association’s finances and records by keeping accurate records of all the association’s financial transactions.
- Prepare financial reports for the association, including the annual report.
- Timely submit monthly financial reports to the Executive Director and others as directed.
- Schedule annual audit, serving as liaison with the auditors, preparing documents as requested, reviewing the results with the Executive Director and Board, and Processing correcting journal entries as needed.
- Keep the Executive Director and WACO Board Members informed of the association’s financial condition.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable for the association, verifying all bills for payment and invoicing counties and other affiliates for services.
- Maintain within the WACO MIP financial accounting software complete records of the costs and revenues associated with the annual WACO conference.
- Maintain the bookkeeping for the Washington Counties Scholarship Fund.
- Prepare preliminary budget figures to be used by WACO Budget Committee and Executive Director in preparation of the following year’s budget, and assist as necessary with the preparation and adoption of the Budget.
- Process payroll for the association and other organizations per agreement.
- Maintain employee files for WACO staff and other organizations per agreement.
- Make timely payroll deposits and liability payments.
- File quarterly and annual reports, including W-2s.
- Track paid time off for WACO staff and other organizations per agreement.
- Act as the association’s and other organizations’ (per agreement) benefits and pension coordinator, including gathering information regarding benefit packages, communicating relevant information to WACO and client boards and staff, and making recommendations for changes as appropriate.
- Perform various administrative functions in the office, including answering phones, processing mail, occasionally typing and proofreading documents and similar functions. During association conferences, meetings and training, ensure that the office supplies necessary for daily operations are available on-site.
- Annually renew the association’s State of Washington corporate non-profit status.
- Serves as one of the coordinators for the annual WACO conference, including coordinating with the conference hotel, arranging affiliate room requirements, assisting with program preparation, coordinating registration packets for attendees and assisting with registration functions.
- Offer assistance to colleagues, members and affiliates, and the public in a profession and respectful manner.
- Assist the Executive Director and other WACO staff to achieve the goals and objectives of the WACO Board and the WACO Strategic Plan, consistent with WACO policies, the directions of the WACO Board of Trustees, and the best interests of the organization and affiliates.
- Work collaboratively with WACO staff and members to offer meaningful, constructive input so that the decision maker has the benefit of all thoughts and opinions.
- Comply in all practices with WACO policies, procedures and guidelines, as well as State Auditor guidelines and RCW.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Setting Professional office setting
Schedule Standard business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm), with occasional need to adjust the work schedule to meet business needs. A flexible work schedule may be considered, subject to supervisory approval.
Travel Requirements Some travel is required, typically local or regional, to meet with clients, conduct business, or attend or provide training
Tools and Equipment Duties require the use of standard office furniture and equipment (e.g. desk, filing cabinet, computer, printer, telephone, fax machine, copy machine, etc.)
Customer Interactions Frequent contact with clients including some contact with those who may be angry, distraught, or frustrated.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
$55,288.56 - $72,000 Annually
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
10 Paid Holidays
Sick & Vacation Leave
401(k) Retirement Plan
HOW TO APPLY
In order to be considered, applicants MUST include the following documents:
- A cover letter describing how your experience, skills, and abilities meet the required qualifications of this position.
- A resume outlining your professional experience.
- A completed WACO employment application, available in Word
Materials must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Washington Association of County Officials; 2016 Tenth Ave, SE; Olympia, WA 98501
First review of applications begins April 3, 2017.